FINAL Mock Draft – April 24, 2013, 11:49 PM ET
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Joeckel – OT – Texas A&M – Scouting Report
I have no idea if the Chiefs prefer Joeckel or Fisher, but I’m sticking with Joeckel. Usually when an alternative pick starts to gain traction just prior to the draft, it stems those just looking for something different. But then again, this is going to be a crazy draft. Maybe it’ll start right at the top.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan - Scouting Report
I’m pretty sure this will be Fisher or Joeckel, but the Jaguars had us all convinced they wanted Geno Smith at one point. And Dion Jordan. And a handful of others. They’ve been full of smoke screens, so many we all know nothing.
3. Oakland Raiders – Sharrif Floyd – DT – Florida - Scouting Report
I’m feeling confident in this selection, even if the Raiders trade down. Floyd fits perfectly into their defensive line and he’s a solid value pick at any point in the top 10.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Lane Johnson – OT – Oklahoma - Scouting Report
The Eagles will take an offensive tackle, it will just depend on who is available. I assume it’s going to be Johnson, but if Fisher somehow fell they may prefer him.
5. Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah – DE – BYU - Scouting Report
I really think the Lions want an offensive tackle, so a trade up is a possibility. But if they stay put the decision probably comes down to Ansah or Milliner.
6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner – CB – Alabama - Scouting Report
The Browns want to trade down, but of all three tackles are gone already, the probably won’t have that option. If they use this pick, it will be either Ansah or Milliner – whoever Detroit passes on.
7. Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Cooper – OG – North Carolina - Scouting Report
Supposedly the Cardinals are leaning towards and offensive lineman, and I think Cooper is the best fit. Warmack makes sense also, and a trade up for Johnson is another possibility.
8. Buffalo Bills – Ryan Nassib – QB – Syracuse – Scouting Report
I’m not certain the Bills will take Nassib at No. 8, but I feel fairly confident that they want Nassib. And if they want him, they’re going to have to take him in the first round somewhere.
9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo – LB – LSU - Scouting Report
This pick should be either Mingo or Jarvis Jones. Mingo seems like a better fit for Rex Ryan, so if he still has a say in the war room, Mingo is the guy.
10. Tennessee Titans - Chance Warmack – OG – Alabama - Scouting Report
This is one of my most confident picks. Mike Munchak wants to upgrade the line for Chris Johnson, and the addition of Andy Levitre wasn’t enough. D.J. Fluker may also be an option.
11. San Diego Chargers - D. J. Fluker – OT – Alabama - Scouting Report
The Chargers absolutely must come away with at least one immediate starter on the offensive line. If they pass on Fluker, they run the risk of not getting one. This is a reach in my opinion, but it’s a justifiable move for San Diego.
12. Miami Dolphins – Star Lotulelei – DT – Utah - Scouting Report
I think the Dolphins are the team who lands the player that unexpectedly falls, and I’m betting on that being Lotulelei. It’s not a perfect fit, but he’s the best player on the board and they don’t have a glaring hole to fill with another prospect available.
13. New York Jets - Tyler Eifert – TE – Notre Dame - Scouting Report
This should be Eifert or Austin. I struggled with the pick, but ended up going with Eifert because I think he’s a safer pick. I also considered Geno Smith here.
14. Carolina Panthers – Sheldon Richardson – DT – Missouri - Scouting Report
I’ve had this pick for a long time. Richardson is a perfect fit as a three-technique in Carolina’s defense. It will be tough to pass on him unless Lotulelei or Floyd fell.
15. New Orleans Saints – Dion Jordan – DE/LB – Oregon - Scouting Report
Jordan falls further than most are expecting. Due to the tackles coming off the board early, there isn’t another obvious landing spot for Jordan.